Monday – Jam with Lola at Northside Tavern
Monday – Open Jam with Barry Richman at the Dixie Tavern, Marietta
Tuesday – Acoustic Open Mic w/Bones – Nik’s Place, Marietta
Wednesday – Jake Jam at Moonshadow Tavern, Tucker (3rd Wednesday of each month)
Wednesday – (alt. Weds.) Open Mic with Tom Hill Band at Will Henry’s Tavern, Stone Mountain
Thursday – Open Jam w/Nathan Nelson – Nik’s Place, Marietta
Sunday, February 23, 6pm, $25-$120:
Francine Reed at Eddie's Attic – In Phoenix, Arizona, Francine Reed appeared with Miles Davis, Stanley Jordan, Smokey Robinson, Etta James, and The Crusaders. In 1985, she began recording and touring with Lyle Lovett and His Large Band. After she relocated to Georgia in the 1990s, she released her first solo album, I Want You to Love Me. Reed has received the W. C. Handy Artist of the Year and Song of the Year nominations. Reed was inducted into the Arizona Blues Hall of Fame in 1997.
Sunday, February 23, 6:30pm, Free:
Jetback at Fat Matt's – Jetback is a trio of seasoned musicians that bring the best mix of blues, funk, rock, and soul to their audiences. Led by guitarist/vocalist Fernando Barreto, who also writes original songs and produces recordings in his studio. Combining covers and originals, they keep everybody engaged and participating in the shows. Real music drives this band and that will keep you asking for more.
Sunday, February 23, 7-10pm, Free:
William "The Bluesman" Reed & the Juke Joint Dukes at Sweet Georgia's Juke Joint – Frontman William "Blues Man" Reed is the real deal on vocals and guitar! Formed in 2015, the Juke Joint Dukes are a tribute to old school Chicago and Delta blues in the style of Muddy Waters, Albert King, Hound Dog Taylor, Magic Slim and BB King. They pride themselves n connecting with the soul of blues instead of playing by the book; they understand that playing blues is all about feeling!
This Week with The Breeze Kings
The Breeze Kings are the top blues band in Atlanta, voted best blues act by Creative Loafing many times over, they are the real deal. They play real blues and play it honestly, skillfully, with passion, and always entertaining.
Thursday, Feb 27, Northside Tavern, 10pm
Fri, Feb 28, Maxwell's Cigar Bar, Woodstock, 9pm, Free
This Week with The Garrett Collins Project
The Garrett Collins Project is a funky blues based rock power trio fronted by young gun guitar player and vocalist, Garrett Collins. Bass player Dennis Stevenson and Drummer Justin Raffield are like a freight train chasing Garrett down the whole show, and push Garrett to a new level every night! Winners of the 2019 Atlanta Blues Challenge, Band Category, Semi-Finalist 2020 IBC.
Fri, Feb 28, Full Throttle Roadhouse, Mableton, 8pm, Free
Sat, Feb 29, Irish Pub, Rex, 9pm, Free
This Week with The Trouble Tones
The Trouble Tones is a high energy Blues Band. Great song selection and passion combine for the new "Best New Blues Band" in Atlanta. Serious musical dues have been paid by members. Led by longtime blues vocalist Patrick Vining, whose knowledge of blues is vast, the band is steeped in authentic blues sound.
Fri, Feb 28, Hawg & Ale Smokehouse, Marietta, 8pm, Free
Sat, Feb 29, Fat Matt's, 8pm, Free
Every Monday, 10pm:Every Monday, 10pm:
Lola's Monday Night Jam at Northside Tavern – Lola's Monday night Jam at Northside Tavern is the place to be on Monday nights. 10pm, bring your instruments and/or voices, back-line provided.
Tuesday, February 25, 8:30pm, $7:
Mardi Gras Celebration featuring The Crawdaddy's at Blind Willie's – Want the best Mardi Gras Party in Atlanta? Go somewhere that ALL Year Long, a New Orleans native is behind the bar, a Mardi Gras banner adorns the stage, and Cajun food graces the menu. The Atlanta Crawdaddys will play New Orleans style music and street parade Mardi Gras music. Fat Tuesday comes once a year, but NOLA never leaves Blind Willie's. Do Mardi Gras right, celebrate with us!
Tuesday, February 25, 6-9pm:
Thunder Gypsy plays the Mardi Gras Celebration at Flatlands Bourbon and Bayou, Alpharetta – Thunder Gypsy's sound can best be described as soulful rocking Blues, covering an eclectic mix of music that spans the decades. The spirit of the Gypsies is evident in their music as they take you on a musical road trip from Atlanta’s Southern Soul to the rockin’ Blues in Macon, Ga., from the classic sound of the Memphis Blues along the streets of New Orleans’ French Quarter and even up to Chicago and St. Louis for their rocking electric Blues.
Tuesday, February 25, 6:30, $15:
Touring Musician Alert! Ally Venable Band w/ the Rovers, Amanda Roark at Connect Live, Acworth – Tip a ten-gallon hat to a bandleader writing her own name onto Texas’ famed back pages. Ally Venable is poised to release her breakout third album, Texas Honey on the Ruf Records label March 22nd. Produced by another Texas guitar hero, Mike Zito, Texas Honey proves once again the soulful vocal, burn-it-down fretwork and heart-on-sleeve songcraft of Venable has made Texas hers for the taking.
Tuesday, February 25, 6:30-8:30pm:
Funky Bluester at Southern Brewing Company, Monroe – With roots firmly planted in the foundations of the electric blues masters who preceded them, Funky Bluester pays the reverence and homage due to the masters while simultaneously being unbound by traditional blues formats.
Wednesday, February 26, 7pm, Free:
Frankies Blues Mission at Fat Matt's – As the name implies, these gentlemen are on a mission: Their purpose is to present the blues, jazz, R&B and zydeco in the best of the African-American tradition with all the energy they can muster.
Wednesday, February 26, 10pm:
Eddie 9V at Northside Tavern – What’s there to say about Eddie? He’s a two timing hustler who plays the bars up and down the streets until the early morn. He’s made himself a name in the competitive Atlanta blues scene, wowing all types of audiences with his searing Freddie King style approach to guitar.
Thursday, February 27, 8:30pm, $7:
William "Bluesman" Reed & the Juke Joint Dukes at Blind Willie's – Frontman William "Blues Man" Reed is the real deal on vocals and guitar! Formed in 2015, the Juke Joint Dukes are a tribute to old school Chicago and Delta blues in the style of Muddy Waters, Albert King, Hound Dog Taylor, Magic Slim and BB King. They pride themselves on connecting with the soul of blues instead of playing by the book; they understand that playing blues is all about feeling!
Friday, February 28, 9pm:
Let it Rip Band at Dillon's Restaurant & Sports Bar, Lawrenceville – The Let It Rip Band is a diversified band that performs R&B, Motown, Blues, Funk, Soul and Old School music. The band is located in Atlanta and provides great entertainment for variety of private gatherings and public events. Our old-school sound delivers the soul sounds of familiar tunes that gets the party going and sets the atmosphere for a fun memorable occasion.
Friday & Saturday, February 28 & 29:
WHO… • HAS MORE #1 BLUES ALBUMS THAN ANYONE IN HISTORY? • HAS SOLD OVER 3 MILLION ALBUMS WORLDWIDE? • TOURS GLOBALLY OVER 200 DAYS A YEAR? • IS ONE OF THE WORLD’S GREATEST LIVING GUITARISTS? Yep – you guessed it – JOE BONAMASSA! And wouldn’t you love to win TWO TICKETS TO SEE JOE BONAMASSA at the Fox Theatre on Friday, February 28th? Yeah, we thought so! The Atlanta Blues Society is raffling off TWO SETS of TWO TICKETS so you can! Tickets are $15 each or five for $60 and all proceeds go to the Blue Flame Fund of the Atlanta Blues Society, earmarked to assist musicians in need. Get your raffle tickets in person at either the January meeting on Sunday, January 19, at Gypsy Rose Music, Roswell, 3pm -6pm, or on Sunday, February 16, at our annual renewal meeting at Blind Willie's, 3pm-6pm. The drawing will be held on February 16th at Blind Willie’s! You do NOT need to be present to win – and the drawing is limited to 300 tickets – so the odds are in your favor! If you are not the one of the lucky ones to win, please go out and buy tickets to the show from the Fox Theatre, good seats still available but won't be for long!
Saturday, February 29, 7:30pm:
Diane Durrett & Junebug at Pure Life Studios, Lagrange – Join Diane Durrett and Junebug for an intimate evening of music at South Georgia's premiere listening room, Pure Life Studios.
Saturday, February 29, 8:30pm:
Dani Mac & Company at Will Henry's Tavern, Sugarloaf – Dani Mac & Company plays a great mix of Rockin' Blues and Rock & Roll. Dani McDonald sang back up with some of Atlanta's great local bands. Then she picked up her guitar and started singing the blues. She formed her own band with some wonderfully talented local musicians that she knew and works tirelessly to make sure the band is on top of its game. They make music that'll make you get up and move your feet!
Sunday, March 1, 12-6pm, $15:
WRFG Americana in the Park at Park Tavern – On Sunday, March 1 WRFG’s Americana in the Park festival will celebrate its fifth great year at the Park Tavern in Piedmont Park. Americana in the Park spotlights Atlanta and Georgia bands that play Americana music. What is Americana? It’s a broad mix of folk, acoustic blues, rockabilly, western swing, singer-songwriter, country rock, folk-rock, gospel, roots rock, and pretty much everything in between.
Sunday, March 1, 9pm:
Larry Griffith w/ Uncle Sugar at Northside Tavern – Larry came to Atlanta, Georgia in the 1990s and discovered then quickly became immersed in the thriving Atlanta blues scene becoming one of the top drummers in the region. Then in the early 2000’s, he learned to play guitar and that allowed him to forge an alliance between his rich, eclectic song writing, story telling style, and his highly engaging live stage performance. He has been a staple in the Atlanta music scene ever since, playing solo, duo, and in bands.
On Saturday, March 7th, the Sautee Nahoochee Cultural Center and Sautee Productions Present “The Hippies”, featuring Andy Johnson at the brand new Hwy. 255 Blues Club, in the Historic Gym at 283 Hwy. 255 N., Sautee Nacoochee, GA 30571. Opening the show with be local artists Jeremiah & Matt. Tickets are $20. You can purchase online at: www.snca.org or call 706-878-3300. Local food, beer and wine will be available for purchase. It’s Blues You Can Use! Doors at 6:30, music starts at 7:30.
Get on out and listen to some live blues!
Sunday, February 23
• The BooHoo Ramblers, 6:30 pm – Blind Willie’s
• Francine Reed – Eddie’s Attic, Decatur
• Jetback – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• Rockin’ Roll-in Sundays w/ Duo-Ride, 2-6 pm – Full Throttle Roadhouse, Mableton
• Uncle Sugar – Northside Tavern
• Juke Joint Dukes – Sweet Georgia’s Juke Joint
• Open Jam/Mic with the Tom Hill Band, 6:30 pm – Will Henry’s Sugarloaf, Lawrenceville
Monday, February 24
• (closed) – Blind Wilie’s
• Dry White Toast – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• Wax Throwbacks – Moonshadow Tavern, Tucker
• Blues Jam hosted by Lola – Northside Tavern
Tuesday, February 25
• Mardi Gras Celebration ft. The Atlanta Crawdaddy’s – Blind Willie’s
• Ally Venable with special Guest Amanda Roark – Connect Live, Acworth
• Doyle Bramhall II – Eddie’s Attic
• Crosstown Allstars – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• ThunderGypsy Mardi Gras Celebration – Flatlands Bourbon & Bayou, Alpharetta
• Swami Gone Bananas – Northside Tavern
• Funky Bluester, 6:30 pm – Southern Brewing Company, Monroe
Wednesday – February 26
• Cody Matlock – Blind Willie’s
• Frankie’s Blues Mission – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• Undiscovered Artist Showcase – Madlife, Woodstock
• Eddie 9V – Northside Tavern
• Jazz Jam w/ the Gordon Vernick Quartet – Red Light Café
• Dr. Love Revue Jam Session & Open Mic – Red Sea Café, Pine Lake
• Kerry Hill – Two Urban Licks
• Soul Blues Live – Vibes, Decatur
• Open Jam/Mic with the Tom Hill Band – Will Henry’s Rockbridge, Stone Mountain
Thursday, February 27
• William Reed & The Juke Joint Dukes – Blind Willie’s
• Chickenshack – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• HaHa Sat (Stand Up Night); Brewery Road – Gypsy Rose Music, Roswell
• Mike Brookshire – Full Throttle Roadhouse, Mableton
• Mandi Strachota – Limerick Junction
• Dueling Pianos with the Andrews Brothers – Madlife, Woodstock
• Ross Pead – Moonshadow Tavern, Tucker
• The Breeze Kings – Northside Tavern
Friday, February 28
• George Hughley & the Shadows – Blind Willie’s
• Let It Rip Band – Dillons Sports Bar, Lawrenceville
• Swap Raw Deal – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• Joe Bonamassa – Fox Theatre
• The Garrett Collins Project – Full Throttle Roadhouse, Mableton
• Sweet Young Twang, Clark Peacock – Gypsy Rose Music, Roswell
• The Trouble Tones – Hawg & Ale Smokehouse, Marietta
• Ultimate Motley Crue Tribute, 7 pm ; Prince Tribute, 10 pm – Madlife, Woodstock
• The Breeze Kings – Maxwell’s Cigar Bar, Woodstock
• Tom Hill Band – Moonshadow Tavern, Tucker
• The Cazanovas – Northside Tavern
• Sawgrass Blues Band – Spiced Right Ribhouse, Roswell
• Blue Roads – Two Urban Licks
Saturday, February 29
• Sandra Hall & the Shadows – Blind Willie’s
• Open Jam with the Tom Hill Band – The Buckeye Room
• The Trouble Tones – Fat Matt’s Rib Shack
• Joe Bonamassa – Fox Theatre
• The Orange Constant – Gypsy Rose Music, Roswell
• The Garrett Collins Project – The Irish Pub, Rex
• Tribute to Tom Petty, 7 pm; Head Games, A Tribute to Foreigner, 10 – Madlife, Woodstock
• TBA – Maxwell’s Cigar Bar, Woodstock
• Jackwagon – Moonshadow Tavern, Tucker
• Tribute, A Celebration of the Allman Brothers Band – Northside Tavern
• Diane Durrett & Junebug – Pure Life Studios, LaGrange
• Blue Roads – Two Urban Licks
• Capricorn Records Revue – The Vista Room, Decatur
• Dani Mac & Company – Will Henry’s Tavern, Sugarloaf
Sunday, March 1
• WRFG’s Americana in the Park – Park Tavern
• Open Jam with the Tom Hill Band, 6:30 pm – Will Henry’s Sugarloaf, Lawrenceville
Monday, March 2
• Diane Durrett and Michael Tolcher feat. Kathie Holmes – Vista Room, Decatur
Thursday, March 5
• Arlo Guthrie “20/20 Tour” – Variety Playhouse
• Mandi Strachota and the Major 7s, CD Release Party – The Vista Room, Decatur
Saturday, March 7
• Luther Dickinson – The Lewis Room, Athens
Saturday, March 14
• Jonny Lang – Center Stage
• Marc Broussard – Variety Playhouse
Sunday, March 15
• ABS Gathering and Jam, host band David T and Friends, 3-6 pm – Madlife, Woodstock
Monday, March 16
• Walter Trout & The Radicals – Terminal West
Friday, March 20
• John Nemeth – Blind Willie’s
Saturday, March 21
• The Chris O’Leary Band – Blind Willie’s
Saturday, March 21, and Sunday, March 22
• Chicken Raid – Waller’s Coffee Shop, Decatur – With Roy Lee Johnson, Albert White,
____Sweet Betty, Cool John Ferguson, Curtis Smith, Essie Mae Brooks, Robert Lee Coleman,
____Little Pink Anderson, Bill Sheffield, Ross Pead, Stoni Brooks, Atlanta Horns, more…
Friday, March 27
• Jackie Venson – Eddie’s Attic, Decatur
Saturday, March 28
• EG Kight – Big Canoe Clubhouse, Jasper
Sunday, March 29
• GrizzFest II – Terminal West – Lineup: Donna Hopkins w/ Ralph Rodenbery, The Ain’t Sisters,
____Dotline w/ Mikhail Peterson, Deep Blue Sun, Tire Fire, Johnny Scales & Awesome Sauce
____Featuring Members of the Grapes. Musicians at large: Ted Norton & Scott Mecredy